Updates and Announcements:
- Well, this is our last blog update for the year! It has been a wonderful time, and definitely one to remember. We are so proud of your children and the moral and intellectual virtues they have displayed along the way. We wish you the best as you head into summer, and hope to see you at our promotion parade (details below)!
- Here are some resources to take advantage of over the summer:
- Mrs. Lynch offers private tutoring for a fee over the summer. If you would like more information, please email her at email@example.com. The school will also send out a list of other available tutors.
- There will be reading, grammar, math, and advanced math packets posted to my Google Classroom next week. I am not sure how long you will have access to Google Classroom, so it might be wise to download them once they are posted.
- This year for Fifth Grade Promotion we will have a car parade in the pick-up line at school. The PSO has graciously offered to step in and help us set up decorations, have goody bags ready for the kids, and a photographer. Families are invited to decorate the passenger side of their car and have their student sit on that side. Their teachers will all be lined up to cheer them on! Because it has been a while since students have worn their “Sunday best”, we’d also like students to dress up for the occasion. The ceremony will be on Wednesday, May 20th. The three classes will rotate the field during these times:
- 5A- 8:00-8:45 am
- 5B- 9:00-9:45 am
- 5C- 10:00-10:45 am
- The work posted on Google Classroom on the last week of school, May 18th—May 21st, is optional and will not be turned in or graded.
- Zoom calls with Mr. Giammalva and Mrs. Vibbert! (Zoom links are not allowed to be placed in the blog – please see corresponding email or Stream on Google Classroom for links)
- 5B Culture Building: Tuesdays 1:30-2pm
A weekly time for 5B to connect as a class.
- Last 5B Zoom Call! Thursday, May 21st 12-1pm
- We will have a Zoom call with all three 5th grade classes on Thursday 5/21 from 12-12:30pm (separate link to be found in Google Classroom in an item posted under Thursday’s topic), and then break off into this call from 12:30-1pm for our final goodbyes. We look forward to seeing you for the full hour!
- By logging into Zoom through this invitation, you consent to your child participating in an electronic group forum with the teacher as host and with other students. Other individuals may be in student homes, so please be careful to set up your child in a quiet area and possibly to use headphones and sit with their back to a wall. Hosting teachers may mute participants as needed. No recordings of the session will be available to the public. Please do not record (video, audio, or picture) any part of the session.